As most of you already know that I’m a huge Disney fanatic and because of this I’ve been meaning to make customized minnie ears in a very long time and it’s not until now that I finally got a chance to do so. I made three princess ears for my girlfriends and I on our last Disneyland date and without any further ado, here’s how.
- Cardboard paper
- Glue Gun
- Trace around the mug that you pick on the cardboard paper. (the bigger the mug, the bigger your ears are)
- Cut two circles and label one A and label the other one B.
3. Get a headband and place the circles where you want it to land on your headband.
4. Trace around the headband on top of the circles and cut it.
5. Now trace it on top of the felt and cut it.
6. Grab the cardboard ears again and add 1/2″ for seam allowance. Label it with letters A & B and write “fabric” as well to remember that this is for your fabrics. It’s also important to stay consistent and not mix up your ears because they will sit on your headband weird if they do.
7. Place them on top of the fabric of your choice. Pin them and cut around it.
8. After cutting around the ears, flip the fabrics so they can face each other inside out and sew within the 1/2″ seam allowance.
9. After sewing both ears, flip them inside out and add the A&B cardboards, A&B felt and also add cotton balls if you want your ears to be poofy.
10. Okay, this is the part that i forgot to photograph. Sorry!
In order to make the base of your headband,
- You have to make a pattern for it, so trace the headband and add 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Fold the fabric, pin the headband pattern on top and cut around it.
- Sew within the seam allowance and turn it inside out.
- Slip the headband inside the base fabric and use the glue gun to finish the other side.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, we can now glue the ears to the headband! 🙂
I was making a Cinderella Ears so i decided to add a trim lace around them. (Pretty much at this point, you can add anything you want and be as creative as you want to be.)
For the bow, I used silver sequins to make it pop.You can make the bow as big as you want. You pretty much have to make a rectangle, fold it in half and sew the three ends 1/2″ inch.
Once you sew the three ends, turn it inside out and hot glue the other side. After you have your full rectangle, cut a narrower rectangle and use it to wrap around the rectangle and hot glue for it to stay. When your bow is ready, glue it at the middle of ears. And now you’re done. You can now go to Disneyland and dance around with your new princess ears!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and is somewhat helpful!