Since it’s my birthday today, I decided to share twenty eight things I’ve learned in life and a little bit of things about me.
1. My first name is actually Christine. Joy is my middle name.
2. I have an online mermaid shop with my bestfriend yet I can’t swim.
3. I change my hair color every season or depending how I feel.
4. I knew I was going to be a fashion designer since I was a little kid.
5. Although, if I wasn’t going to pursue design – I wanted to be either an English teacher or an actress.
6. Freedom and honesty are very important to me. I like having lots of space and some alone time and I’d rather get hurt than being lied to.
7. I love dressing up, crafting and sewing.
8. I’m deathly scared of heights and get anxiety. I attempted to go rock climbing once – never again.
9. But I’ve gone sky diving and absolutely loved it.
10. I have a heart shaped scar on my ankle.
11. I’ve learned that life isn’t a race. Everyone has their own timing and everything works out the way it’s suppose to be.
12. I LOVE laughing, adventures, planning and having something to look forward to.
13. I plan my weekends three months ahead of time.
14. But I also like being spontaneous and doing things just because.
15. I hate it when people tell me what to do.
16. My dog Coco is my baby. I like to dress her up and bring her with me everywhere.
17. Family time is very important to me.
18. I have a tight group of friends who are my family and I believe in Drake’s “no new friends” motto.
19. I used to be more open on letting people in easily in my life but over the years, I’ve been burned and stabbed in the back many times that I’ve found out the ones that stayed through it all are the ones worth keeping and I’m content with that.
20. I’m a workaholic and I’m absolutely obsessed with coffee.
21. I like to do a lot of things at the same time until I physically can’t anymore like literally – sometimes I get sick from overbooking myself thinking I can do everything.
22. Heart break changes you. Once you go through it – you’ll never be the same person you were before. It may suck while you’re going through it, but I promise you’ll come out better, stronger and wiser if you allow yourself to heal.
23. Almost relationships are the worst. They break you in many ways you didn’t know possible. But because of them you learn to never settle for anything less than what you deserve.
24. I have six different kinds of laugh and say many random things. If you hang out with me long enough, I can guarantee you’ll start laughing like me and will start using my sayings.
25. I use traveling and doing photoshoots as my escape. I hate being at the same place for a long period of time and I have this constant need to see what else is out there and experience everything.
26. I get bored and get distracted easily – so you’ll always probably find me doing something new or trying another hobby.
27. I love hard and I’m learning to accept that it’s okay—- you fall for the wrong people and that’s part of life. Although, I’m also now learning to be smarter when it comes to love and make sure that the next person I fall for deserves the kind of love that I give.
28. Every time you feel like you’re at your lowest, confused or you just don’t know what to do or how to process things – take your time and slow down but don’t stay there —— Learn it from someone who likes to rush everything. Not everything needs to be fixed now or have all the answers to everything now. Ask yourself why a million times and seek the root of the issue- and once you understand it, you’ll know what to do.
I know this a bit different from my other blog posts but since it’s my 28 birthday today, I thought why not share a little bit of some personal experiences, mistakes and wisdom!