Are you a plant killer like me? If so, I have just the perfect DIY for you.
Dont know what to do with old plastic bottles? Instead of throwing them away, which could pollute the oceans, why not be crafty with these DIY self watering planters?
The concept is very simple: the string sucks the water up from the bottom portion of the planter to the top part.
Here’s a step by step on how to make one.
- THINGS YOU’LL NEED.
2. Cut the water bottle in half – measuring the height of your plant and how much room it needs to be able to support it and poke a hole on the cap.and
3. Cut string or really thick thread (like yarn) and make it go through the whole, long enough to reach the water and long enough to reach the soil of the plant.
4. Add pebbles to have a little bit of weight on the plastic bottle and to keep the string in place.
5. Add the plant of your choice on the top portion and water at the bottom part and stack it up on top of each other. Make sure the cap is closed tightly.
And you’re done!
I know I added some paint on my materials needed – but it’s totally up to you. Feel free to get creative with this!
Did you find this blog post helpful? Are there any other DIYs you’d like me to do?
Also, I teamed up with Mobil1 to show off your love for DIY projects and get the ultimate garage make over! Mobil1™ is the world’s leading synthetic motor oil brand and the #1 choice of drivers, mechanics, and car builders. This oil delivers exceptional performance and protection for vehicles of all ages and for all driving conditions—normal to extreme. Mobil 1 synthetic motor oils offer a full range of temperature protection: For cold starts, the oil keeps flowing as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit, and it can withstand high temperatures of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you need a garage make over, feel free to do these simple steps:
- 1.) Post a picture of your DIY project
- 2.) Follow @Mobil1 on Instagram
- 3.) Use #Mobil1Warrior and #Sweepstakes in your caption
- 4.) Tag @Mobil1
- 5.) Your Profile MUST be public to participate
- 6.) Enter the sweepstakes here.