A few of the questions people ask me are: how do you create content? how do you know what people like? or what will attract more followers?
So for today’s segment of thursday’s influencer tips & tricks, I wanted to share all the answers to those questions.
When creating content, I always go back to what I represent. So before you create your content ask yourself these few questions:
- What is your blog about?
- What is your niche? Have you found it yet? If not, it’s time to define it.
- Who is your target market & why?
- Why do you do what you do?
- Are you willing to put in work and time to create brand new content all the time?
If I answered these questions, this would be my answers:
- What is your blog about? Made With Joy is a fashion, lifestyle + adventure blog who features the latest fashion trends, travel destinations and insider influencer tips and tricks.
- What is your niche? Have you found it yet? If not, it’s time to define it. My niche are millennials who love fashion, traveling and who just wants to live their best life. They like going to festivals, wine tasting, the newest adventure around the corner or going to road trips. They are very artsy and creative and love life and adventuring. They’re always looking for the next thing to do with their girl squad or with their significant other.
- Who is your target market & why? My target market are females between ages 21 – 35 who wants to live their best life and are tired of their 9-5 job, that just wants to escape and create the most out everything. And I am here to teach them how they can achieve that and how it is possible to live that kind of lifestyle.
- Why do you do what you do? I do what I do because I love girl power + female empowerment and how important it is to pursue our passion + also live our dreams out loud at the same time. I am here to inspire others that it’s possible and I may not be where I want to be yet but I’m on my way there.
- Are you willing to put in work and time to create brand new content all the time? Yes, absolutely.
Now your turn! After you answered all those questions. It’s now time to jot down your plan of action. Let’s get to it.
- Scheduling is key. What does your busy schedule look like? Are you super swamped that you don’t even have time to create anymore? Or be inspired? So get to scheduling. Schedule some “alone or me time” in your week. Then schedule your create content time, and your editing time and your having fun time and your family and friends time. Do what’s best for you and what will make you happy.
- Start saying “NO” and mean it. Do you even sleep? And eat? Do you take care of your body? Your mental and emotional health? I’m here to remind you that an unhealthy body/mind is useless when it comes to creating. If you’re physically, emotionally, and mentally drained – how do you think you’ll have the time and energy to create? Maybe it’s time for you to start saying “no” to partying every friday night with your girls or brunch every sunday. I’m not saying to give up on your social life but definitely be smart about it and who you’re spending your time with and why.
- Make creating content a part of your lifestyle. Once you have done those first two tips – it’s now time to look in your planner/calendar and start making creating content a part of your lifestyle. You almost have to live and breathe it. Always carry your camera with you or your phone. For example, I went to Vegas last weekend for my grandma’s 80th bday and while I was there I got to shoot for a beauty brand and a partnership with a hotel. Although, I still spent a lot of time with my family, I squeezed in a few photoshoot sessions (which by now my family has been very supportive of me and understanding) I used to be embarrassed when I was first starting but now it just comes naturally to me. I don’t even have second thoughts. I just do it. It’s all about changing your mindset, rewiring and training your brain and making it happen.
- Be organized, resourceful and be bold. Jot down all your ideas and find a way to squeeze them in your everyday life. Be intentional about it. Are you a food blogger? Start making your portfolio and visit a few restaurants + cafes. Once you have enough content, maybe you can now start pitching. Are you a fashion influencer? Every time you go to an event that you have to dress up or just simply look pretty, wear a fabulous outfit and ask your friends or even strangers to take photos of you! (I’ve honestly done this and it paid off. The first time I visited NYC, I woke up early to adventure on my own and it started snowing!!! I have never seen snow fall from the sky before and I totally asked a stranger to take a video of me twirling!) Was I embarrassed? Not really. I hesitated at first but I did it anyways as I’m never going to see him again.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Are you an introvert who’s afraid of what people will say or think about you? Let go of that mindset and do something new. Take risks. Talk to strangers. Ask for help. Until not caring so much of what other people think of you no longer bothers you. As an influencer, it is very important for us to try something new in order for us to influence others. Are you an extrovert who’s the life of the party and cant seem to get it together? You have so many ideas but you can never find time to make them happen. (This is me) So here’s my tip! Find your quiet place (whether you set some time aside like waking up an extra hour to plan your day or a beach day once a week) and write down your goals, ideas and plans and make them happen. Do the first 4 steps above and once you’ve done those – make things happen! Stop just talking about it and actually put in the work.
Was this helpful? Let me know your thoughts and drop a comment below.